Possible risks during construction works
Extra care should be taken during transportation, storage and handling of materials:
- During loading and unloading of wire mesh rolls and heavy objects in general.
- When handling tools, cutting tools and fencing tools.
- Rock falling and sliding during shaping and retaining works.
- Handling of equipment and cutting and installation tools by authorized personnel only.
Safety and hygiene measures
The personnel should comply with the 92/57/EU instructions regarding the “Minimum hygiene and safety requirements for temporary and mobile construction sites” and to the Greek legislation for safety and hygiene (P.D. 17/96 and P.D.159/99 etc). The use of personal safety measures during works is compulsory. The minimum requirements are as follows:
- PROTECTIVE CLOTHING ELOT EN 863:1995: Protective clothing, mechanical properties, perforation durability tests.
- HAND AND ARM ROTECTION ELOT EN 388:2203: Protective gloves against mechanical hazards.
- HEAD PROTECTION ELOT EN 397:1995: Safety helmets.
- FOOT PROTECTION ELOT EN 345-2:1996: Safety footwear for professional use (IE ISO 20345:2004).